Friday, February 17, 2012

Preview

I've spent so much time surfing the web lately and reading some interesting blogs I decided to start one for myself. This is about the right time to start one as I am in the early period of the 4th Chapter of my so called "Book of Life". 1st Chapter: Birth thru Elementary years, 2nd Chapter: High School, 3rd Chapter: College, and this 4th Chapter is about Marriage and the Real World.

I got married in June of last year and eight months into it and I'm still having a blast! Not to say that everything's perfet but I'm enjoying the journey and learning so much about this new way of living. November 2011 we moved into our first place together. February 2012 we got our first car. Everything didn't happen overnight it took a lot of hardwork and patience to get to where we are today. I am gratified by every step taken. I just get that "Grown up" feeling that everyone (hopefully everyone) gets in their lifetime :-)

On another note I lost my steady job December 2011 and have been working temporary jobs while looking for another permanent position. I was lucky to find placement just 2 weeks after loosing my job but I got word begining of this week that today would be my last day here. Luckily my company has already found placement for me on Monday so technically I should be counting my blessings. I also got word from a different agency about another position, had a phone interview and was told that if I get the position I would be able to start on Wednesday. Now i just have a knot in my throat hopping I can secure a permanent position and not have to worry about my job.

I have taken a full 360 turn in my Life philosophy. I have always been driven to work long hours sometimes two jobs to rack in $$, but now I have made it a point to stick to one job and make TIME for Life. I've been having this debate with myself for sometime now "TIME vs Money" and after living both I so prefer TIME. It gets stressing not having $$ but I've learned that the stress is just in the head and everything finds its place overtime. Whoops not a really good way to end this but I've finally got some work to do so I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment